10 years ago, in 2007, specialists of EKOTON Industrial Group delivered the first Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) units of its own production to the local wastewater treatment plant for meat processing facility. Since then over 50 DAF-units have been installed on WWTPs all over the world – from Russia to Chile.
The EKOTON Industrial Group has been producing DAF-units since 2007. For construction development professional computer programs were used to model the chamber shape, which allowed to create the best fluid flow for pollutions removal. This kind of equipment is used for suspended solids, fats and petroleum products removal as well as BOD and COD values reduction.
Based on the feedback and operational data about EKOTON DAF-units received from our clients within 10 years we can estimate the treatment efficiency for different industries:
EKOTON DAF-Units Efficiency
|Industry||COD||BOD||Suspended solids||Fats||Petroleum products||Phosphorus||Sulfides||Iron||Chrome|
|Poultry and meat processing plants||55-65%||55-65%|
Together with high efficiency in wastewater treatment, EKOTON DAF-units have many advantages such as:
- Low reagents consumption and improvement of chemical precipitation due to flocculation with coagulant and flocculant static mixers and intelligent reagent dosing system;
- Special chamber shape. The chamber form and its inner arrangement were designed to use the space in the best possible way to ensure beneficial fluid flow during the flotation process;
- Installed lamella module increases the flotation area, which provides higher devices’ efficiency;
- Special scraper mechanism gently moves the froth among the surface, which prevents its destruction and falling into water ;
- Compact complex of sludge container with DAF-unit thanks to patented scraper mechanism;
- Various saturation systems. Standardly, we offer our clients the system which uses treated recirculated water based on two-phases pumps. There is a possibility to use special saturation systems for uncommon wastewater;
- Flotator is convenient to use – the device’s operation is fully automated, equipment control is done via a control cabinet with touch screen according to individually developed programs.
- Long-lasting and failure-free exploitation is provided by using highly resistant materials in the DAF-unit’s construction: frame made of stainless steel AISI 304, flocculator made of PVC resistant to alkali, mineral oils and many kinds of acids and solvents, while static mixers are made of stainless steel AISI 304 and polyamide. In the DAF-unit’s automation there are only reliable global manufacturers’ equipment used (Siemens controllers, Schneider Electric elements, Endress&Hauser meters, Prominent, Honeywell and WIKA).
Today the EKOTON Industrial Group offers clients two main DAF-units’ types – horizontal and with lamella module.
Horizontal flotators have no inner devices, which makes them an ideal solution for treating highly polluted wastewater.
DAF-unit with lamella module provides a higher capacity and efficiency of wastewater treatment. This module consists of parallel installed corrugated boards made of fiberglass, stainless steel or polypropylene, which increase effective flotation surface. Smooth surface minimizes the risk of froth sticking.
Many clients’ requests led to compact DAF-2 unit design and production, which is used for pilot tests on WWTP. Those tests allow to evaluate specific efficiency of wastewater treatment as well as estimate the reagents costs.
Local dairy wastewater treatment plant based on drum screen with triangle profile, multi-disc screw dehydrator MDQ, dissolved air flotation unit DAF-20 and flocculant solution preparation station.
Local dairy wastewater treatment plant based on drum screens with triangle profile, multi-disc screw dehydrator MDQ-102 and two dissolved air flotation units DAF-25.
Iron removal station
Local WWTP for meat processing plant based on drum screens with triangle profile, screw conveyors, multi-disc screw dehydrator MDQ-205 and two dissolved air flotation unit DAF-25.
Two dissolved air flotation units DAF-150, metallurgical plant
Local WWTP for meat processing plant (pig farm, production capacity 4000 pc/d) based on drum screens and dissolved air flotation unit DAF-25.
Local WWTP for abrasive materials plant based on drum screens with triangle profile, screw conveyors, tangential flow grit chamber, multi-disc screw dehydrator MDQ-201 and dissolved air flotation unit DAF-10.
Local WWTP for laundry plant based on multi-disc screw dehydrator MDQ-102 and dissolved air flotation unit DAF-50.
Local WWTP for poultry plant based on drum screens with triangle profile, tangential flow grit chamber PT-150, multi-disc screw dehydrator MDQ-205 and two dissolved air flotation units DAF-50 and DAF-75.