PROJECT – Reconstruction of the section for the heat treatment of round timber at the veneer processing plant in Plastun village, Terneysky district of Primorsky Krai.
CUSTOMER – Terneyles JSC
SITE – Local wastewater treatment facilities of a timber processing enterprise
COMMISSIONING – November-December 2019
Terneyles JSC is located in Plastun port, Primorsky Krai, and is an integrated timber processing enterprise. There are also two plants for the processing of round timber — a veneer plant and a sawmill, as well as two enterprises that are part of the structure of Terneyles JSC — a softwood processing plant STS Teknovud CJSC and a hardwood processing plant PTS Hardwood CJSC.
In 2018, the companys’ representatives turned to the EKOTON Industrial Group for help in the choice of equipment for the treatment of industrial wastewater on the heat treatment of wood site.
The customer was faced with the task of constructing a treatment plant that would allow to extract the wood fraction from the water used in the wood processing and return the treated water to the production cycle of the enterprise.
The project of treatment facilities was carried out by the investment and construction engineering company ProektStroy LLC, and EKOTON Industrial Group acted as a supplier of complex equipment for mechanical wastewater treatment based on the EKOTON Bar Screens.
EKOTON equipment was manufactured at the company’s plant in Russia. Since it was supposed to use Bar Screens in non-standard conditions (high temperature of the water supplied to the screens, the content of large inclusions in the effluent, such as tree bark, chips, etc.), the following changes were made to the existing design of RKE EKOTON Bar Screens:
- Stainless steel was used in the lower fixed part of the screens instead of a plastic slide (idler);
- A rake positioning system was installed on the coarse treatment screen;
- The chains on the screens were made entirely of stainless steel without plastic rollers;
- The control cabinet was equipped with a Modbus RTU data transmission system.
EKOTON professionals carried out the installation of equipment independently simultaneously with construction work. The complex was successfully launched and commissioned at the end of 2019.
Summary and conclusions
The commissioning of the mechanical wastewater treatment complex based on EKOTON equipment allowed the customer to switch to a closed cycle of water use in the production department. This solution is forward-looking for industrial enterprises and allows achieving several positive effects at once:
- prevention of pollution of natural reservoirs by wastewaters of enterprises,
- reduction on the costs of achieving maximum permissible concentration for discharge into a reservoir/municipal wastewater plant,
- reduction of consumption of fresh water for production processes.