In July 2021 EKOTON Industrial Group presented the Containerized Mechanical Dewatering Plant EKOTON MODULE D. It is a revolutionary solution that effectively solves the problems faced by wastewater treatment plants. The sludge dewatering process which is applied here is based on the use of the most effective dewatering unit on the market – the MDQ multi-disk screw press, which is distinguished by high dewatering efficiency, low operation and servicing costs, easy maintenance together with the possibility of treatment greasy and abrasive sludge. The EKOTON Module D containerised plant can be utilised for increasing the efficiency of the existing treatment plant, as well as a temporary solution during the modernization or reconstruction of the existing dewatering facility. It’s designed in two options – 20 and 40-foot sea container allowing its easy transportation between different plants.
Main advantages of the Ekoton Module D dewatering unit are:
- Ready-to-use equipment. All equipment that is a part of the mechanical dewatering plant is mounted in a container at the EKOTON production facility. The installation arrives at the site completely ready-to-use: what you need to put the plant into operation, is simply to connect it to the existing utility networks and configure the parameters of the equipment operation (plug-andplay technology).
- High dewatering efficiency. The sludge dewatering technology is based on the MDQ Ekoton Tsurumi multi-disc screw dehydrator, one of the most reliable and efficient types of dewatering equipment on the market. The standardsize range of dehydrators includes more than 20 models, the capacity of one piece of equipment is from 0.05 to 200 m3/hour (from 3 to 3780 kgDM/h), which allows meeting the needs of both large enterprises and small treatment facilities.
- Minimum need for designing. The product range of mechanical dewatering complexes has already been designed and developed, there are all the certificates for the equipment, the only thing you need to do, is to tie a ready-made solution to the project. A ready-to-use solution allows you to reduce the time for design and approval of documentation, as well as the associated costs.
- No odors. The Module D mechanical dewatering plant can include an air purification system, which will minimize the sanitary protection zone.
- Simple and easy operation. All equipment is fully automated, there is an option to control the dewatering complex using a smartphone. Flexible settings of the parameters of the technological process allow you to adapt the operation of treatment plants to the individual characteristics of the facility. A cozy office with heating, ventilation, lighting and a fire and security system is provided for the maintenance personnel.
- Minimum operating costs. Sludge dewatering is carried out using MDQ Ekoton Tsurumi multi-disc screw dehydrators, which are characterized by low consumption of rinsing water and reagents. The unique design of the dewatering drum ensures its reliable and efficient operation for even 50,000 working hours, and the dehydrator requires minimum intervention by the maintenance personnel.
- Compactness. The Module D mechanical dewatering plant as a 20- or 40-feet container occupies only 15 or 30 m2 respectively! It can be easily deployed in a confined area of a wastewater treatment plant, a factory or even a marine vessel.
- Mobility. It is possible to use the dewatering plant both in stationary conditions and for sludge treatment at various facilities. The body of the installation is made on the basis of a sea container with high strength and uniform dimensions, which makes it possible to transport equipment to the site by widely available modes of transport.
Possibility of quick modernization or productivity increase by installing additional dewatering drums in the installed dehydrator or by supplying additional modules.
- Additional options. The availability of a large number of additional options, such as control of various parameters of the reagent sludge treatment process, various degrees of automation, individual climatic performance, as well as additional equipment at the request of the client.
The heads of water and sanitation authorities attending the event expressed a high level of interest in the presented solution. According to them, the use of such a plant is an ideal solution for small enterprises, for which it is problematic to raise funds for the construction of a mechanical dewatering building, as well as for water utilities, which are in charge of several small wastewater treatment plants, and a mobile dewatering plant could solve the problem of sludge transportation.
In the coming months, presentations of the plant are planned for the water and sanitation authorities of the European Union countries, after which the plant will be available for testing the sludge dewatering technology at the facilities and for rent. The plant will be available for order from the second half of 2021.