EKOTON Back Raked Screen with reverse rake rods is an equipment for a wide range of applications with high reliability and performance.
Scope of application of Back Raked Screens:
- Wastewater pumping stations;
- Wastewater treatment plants;
- Water intakes;
- Melioration pumping stations.
Features and Advantages of Ekoton Back Raked Screens:
- An important feature of the back raked screen is its design. The rake mechanism is located behind the bars and comes into contact with already purified water. This greatly reduces the likelihood of fouling by dirt or jamming by large objects.
- The design of the filtration area is a set of separate bars bent in the upper part towards the waste discharge and fixed only in the lower part of the screen. Such construction eliminates the risk of jamming of the rakes even when fibrous contaminants are found in wastewater.
- The round profile of the bars reduces hydraulic resistance in comparison with the rectangular one and provides high throughput of the screen.
- The bars are installed over the entire length of the screen — from the bottom of the channel to the discharge. This improves the removal of screenings from the filtration area more thoroughly.
- The rakes are installed with a gap of 500 mm, which allows to remove wastes from the screen more effectively. This is especially important during periods of peak water and waste inputs.
- The screen control system can be automated in various modes, including control by operating time, water level before the screen, water level difference in the channel before and after the screen, etc.
- The screen drive: high-reliability worm gear motor by one of the world-leading companies NORD Drive Systems.
- There are no components and mechanisms in the structure of the back raked screen that require constant maintenance.
- The back raked screen is highly abrasive (sand) resistant.
- EKOTON back raked screen is equipped with a mechanical overload protection device, which adjusts the trigger by the spring force.
Convenience of operation and maintenance of Ekoton Back Raked Screens:
- The screens are easy to maintain thanks to the availability of the main components during operation.
- Rotating mechanism of the screen allows its maintenance without dismantling from the channel.
- Simplicity of design facilitates assembly and installation of equipment.
- Screens do not require constant maintenance.
- There is no need for maintenance of the underwater part of the screen.
Durability of Ekoton Back Raked Screens:
- High resistance to rust: back raked screens are made of AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Anti-corrosive treatment: tank immersion pickling and passivation by special means.
- There are no rotating parts underwater. The rakes have support platforms with plastic washers that slide along the screen guides.
- Maintenance and replacement of all necessary elements can be carried out in the upper part of the screen.
- Electrical protection against overload and power surges.
- Mechanical protection: trigger adjustment by a spring force.