The Ekoton Tsurumi MDQ Multi-Disc Screw Press Dehydrator, provides the most efficient method of dewatering for municipal wastewater treatment plants and a wide range of industrial sewage sludge, containing fats, oils, fibrous and abrasive substances.
MDQ dehydrators are excellent for facilities, requiring a minimum of maintenance staff and operating costs reduction.
The dewatering process provided by the MDQ Multi-Disc Screw Press Dehydrators is operated using minimal energy and requires the least amount of other resources (flocculant, rinsing water, wear parts),as well as minimal maintenance and staff supervision, compared to any other dewatering equipment.
The dewatered sludge after treatment in the dehydrator can reach a residual moisture content of 60-82% with an average flocculant dose of 1.5 – 3.5 kg/t of sludge dry matter.
Main fields of application for screw press dehydrators
- wastewater treatment plants
- water treatment plants
- food and processing industries
- biogas complexes
- oil and gas Industry
The Ekoton Tsurumi MDQ/MDC multi-disc screw press dehydrators can process the most difficult sludge:
- dehydration of various flotation sludge types;
- dehydration of fatty and oil-containing sludge;
- dehydration of sludge, containing sand and other mineral abrasive substances;
- dehydration of sticky sludge – optionally, the screw surface is covered with Teflon material, preventing sludge sticking.
Advantages of Ekoton Tsurumi MDQ multi-disc screw press dehydrators
- Energy efficiency and conservation. Thanks to the special screw design and the dehydrators operating functions , high energy efficiency, low consumption of reagents, and rinsing water are provided. A wide range of power and performance of manufactured models ensures optimal equipment for each project.
- Self-cleaning mechanism for stable and continuous operation. The self-cleaning mechanism of the dewatering drum consists of two special discs, providing self-cleaning of the filtration surface. Therefore, the equipment can run continuously without interruptions and expensive processes for cleaning filter pores.
- Dewatering of sludge with a high content of fats and oils. The multi-disc dehydrator can dewater highly concentrated oil and fat sludge. This equipment is optimal for fat-containing flotation sludge. The multi-disc dehydrator works well especially in the food industry , including meat processing plants, where centrifugation systems and belt pressing are not possible.
- Sludge dewatering in a wide range of concentrations. The dehydrator dewatering drum includes a gravity thickening zone and a squeezing zone. Therefore, the equipment can process sludge with a dry matter content in the range from 0.2-0.5% to 10%.
- Continuous automatic operation. Thanks to the special self-cleaning design of a screw drum, it is not needed to interrupt operation to restore original filtration performance. During operation, the rinsing water is used only to wash off the sludge from the drum outer surface in the squeezing zone. Flushing is activated periodically for a few seconds in automatic mode. Thus, the amount of rinsing water is minimal among other dewatering units.
- The drum design provides high reliability and ease of operation. Multi-drum design – when two or more dewatering drums are present in one dehydrator when needed , any individual drum can be serviced and exported into reserve while others are in operation without interruption.
- High equipment reliability. The dehydrators are made completely of stainless steel AISI 304 or AISI 316; explosion-proof version of electrical accessories is also possible.
- Minimal secondary filtrate contamination and ease of maintenance. The multi-disc dehydrator drum is a semi-closed construction, consisting of fixed and movable discs with the screw located inside, and rotating at very low speed. During dewatering, the sludge does not splatter and the dry matter remains inside the cake. The dehydrator is an eco-friendly design that generates low noise and vibrations, and emits no odors.
- Low costs on maintenance staff. The control system runs the equipment in both manual and automatic modes. Setting of parameters and operating modes is intuitive and easy. When necessary, the control system can be equipped with remote access modules, not requiring the presence of maintenance staff on site.
- Low capital costs. Dehydrators do not require large space with high costs for climate maintenance, they can be installed in container wastewater treatment plants and mobile plants.
- Low operating costs. Use of the screw drives with a low rated power (up to 2.2 kW) and low speed controlled by frequency converters makes it possible to provide a minimum energy consumption. Low flocculant consumption is achieved by flocculant and sludge mixing speed regulation, visual control and subsequent consumption optimization.
- Convenient operation and maintenance. Use of high quality components and time-tested technical solutions ensures a long service life of the equipment and minimizes maintenance. Use of horizontal drums facilitates maintenance and replacement of wear parts. The main working parts of the units are accessible and serviced using standard tools. Dehydrators are practically silent, being even more convenient for maintenance staff.
- MDQ/MDQ-C screw press dehydrators depending on dewatered sludge properties and the installation conditions, customers can choose two main types of dehydrators.- The MDQ-XXX model with dewatering drums located above the internal sludge processing tank,including pumps for sludge feeding and mixing inside. The MDQ-XXX C model operates without internal tank and pumps.
- High level of automation. Dehydrators can run in automatic mode, with the capability of automatically switching on at a specified time of the day. This depends on the initial sludge accumulation in an external tank, etc. It also allows automatic optimization of operating parameters for efficient dewatering with a constant capacity for liquid initial sludge.
Unique design of the dewatering drum guarantees reliability and durability of Ekoton Tsurumi MDQ multi-disc screw press dehydrators
- The thickness of drum discs is 3 mm, which is more than that of similar models from other manufacturers, ensuring a greater structural strength and a long wear life.
- The discs are only made of stainless steel – we do not use plastic, thus, providing the most reliable design.
- The discs are assembled into a carrier frame to get a more rigid structure than when using insert pins by other manufacturers.
- The discs have the maximum width and inner diameter to get a more rigid structure with the largest internal volume, affecting the maximum possible performance.
- The screw edge is protected with a hard metal strip, the service life is over 10 years.
Optional features of the automation system for screw press dehydrators:
- a control cabinet version is based on PLC controller and HMI touch panel;
- installation of external and additional touch panels;
- arrangement of data transfer on the equipment status to high-level APCS using standard communication protocols;
- control and remote process control using a computer, tablet or smartphone;
- automatic start-up, depending on external conditions, set time and in compliance with other control algorithms;
- automatic optimization of technological parameters to provide the maximum cake dryness at a given constant productivity;
- explosion-proof design of electrical equipment and control cabinets.