JD-series dehydrators (hereinafter referred to as “dehydrators”) are manufactured jointly with Tsurumi-Pump Company (Japan).
The JD-series Dehydrator dewaters organic sludge with a “Multi-Disc” system and enables highly efficient collection of solids.
Efficient Dehydration by “Gravity-Filtration” and “Compression”
Application of Multi-Disc Dehydrator JD
- Treats excess sludge from municipal-, livestock-, and industrial wastewater treatment plants
- DAF (Dissolved Air Flotation) froth for oil containing sludge
- Primary settling sludge
- Sludge consisting of a mixture of the above mentioned sludge
Operating principle of Multi-Disk Dehydrator JD
A number of filtering rollers, each consisting of a stainless steel shaft and multiple thin discs, are placed in two rows – upper and lower. The rollers close to the sludge inlet form the filtration section, whereas the rollers close to the outlet form the dehydration section.
As the incoming flocculated sludge travels through the filtration section, only the filtrate passes through the slits between discs.
The sludge, concentrated at the filtration section, is then transferred to the dehydration section where it is dewatered more. This is achieved by the increased compression, as the rollers are so aligned that their gaps become narrower as the sludge advances.
Since the rollers rotate at a very low speed, the sludge goes without being kneaded or exposed to unnecessary stress like other dehydrators.
Advantages of Multi-Disk Dehydrators JD
- Compact and easy to install. Major components such as the dehydration unit, flocculation tank, and flushing water tank are compactly housed in a unit. The space required is minimal, and it is easy to install
- Ability to treat oil containing sludge. Since the dehydrator has a “hard to clog” structure, it can be used for oily sludge or DAF froth. The acceptable range of the sludge concentration is between 0.2% and 10 %
- Energy saving. The dehydrator is operated by a very small total output power. For example, for the JD-1000 model the installed power required is only 2.6kW; even for the largest model
- Low washing water consumption. Filtering discs are regularly flushed for a certain period of time with a minimum amount of water
- No secondary pollution. Since the unit is covered, and because the rollers rotate at a very low speed, it does not scatter the sludge. The operating noise and vibration are also extremely low
- Simple maintenance work. The structure is simple. The maintenance work can be carried out easily and infrequently