Wastewater treatment and recovery plant
EKOTON Industrial Group and Esmil together with our partners have conducted much research and constructed many plants gaining vast experience in the pulp and paper industry. From bench scale studies right the way through to full scale plant operations we strive to offer BAT (Best Available Technology) using state of the art membrane separation and dewatering processes.
Conventional Biological Systems
These systems are reaching the end of their product life cycle as they:
- are capital-intensive;
- no longer satisfy the demands of the Environmental Agency or the Company Accountant;
- produce two outputs, neither of which are amenable for recovery or re-use:
– a low quality final effluent containing inert solids, organic substances and residual biomass;
– waste activated sludge known as biomass.
ESMIL Technology Application in the Pulp & Paper Industry
Esmil have a particularly strong presence in the Pulp & Paper industry, building several effluent treatment plants. Our technologies range from simple dewatering all the way to effluent treatment obtaining ultra-pure water suitable for boiler feed and “Zero Discharge” processes.
Applications of Esmil Technology within the Pulp & Paper industry include:
- Recovery of wire water by the removal of suspended solids down to 1 micron
- Removal of heavy metals from de-inking lines; copper sulphate/ rinse water recovery
- Recovery of white water by the removal of residual organics and hardness
- Recovery of final effluent by the removal of residual organics and hardness
- Sludge dewatering and increasing of economical efficiency
Depending on the process requirements, Esmil will explore a range of technological solutions to achieve the treatment, recovery and economical requirements. We also can offer the incorporation of our technology into existing wastewater treatment plant.
The “ZERO Discharge” Paper & Packaging Effluent Plant
The Esmil «Zero Discharge» Wood Pulp Effluent Plant combines the advantages of conventional physico-chemical processes with proven membrane technology. All solid and liquid phase outputs may be recoverable thereby resulting in a «zero discharge» plant.
- Permeate for use as general site process water or boiler feed.
- Concentrate for use as chemical make-up water.
- Sludge for use in waste heat boiler.
The plant can be substantially automated and an operator can be fully trained within a matter of weeks.
- Kronospan, Chirk, North Wales
- Binder, Hallein, Austria
- Finsa, Padron, Spain