DO Waste Grinders – a reliable solution for the grinding of various types of waste and contaminants extracted from industrial and domestic wastewater.
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Wastewater pumping stations
- Industrial enterprises (waste grinding)
- Protection of pumping equipment, process equipment and pipeline fittings in case of return of the ground waste to wastewater;
- Preatreatment of waste before dewatering.
The grinder consists of two sets of rotary cutters installed in a housing. On top of the housing, there is a receiving hopper for feeding the waste for grinding. A slide is provided in the lower part of the housing for the directional discharge of the ground waste. Depending on the application, the grinder can be installed on a skid or a mounting frame.
The initial waste (reject) is fed into the grinder feed hopper for grinding by cutters located on the shafts. The shafts are drived by a gear train. The electric geared motor provides the required torque and rotation speed of the drive shaft.
Features and benefits:
- High-quality grinding of a wide variety of waste and solids.
- Reduces expenses for waste transportation.
- Keeping most of the organic compounds in wastewater increases further biological treatment process efficiency.
- The use of forward and reverse stroke cycles when debris of increased hardness get to the equipment.
- Reliable electric drive by Nord Getriebebau.
- Rotation of the shafts towards each other at different speeds for self-cleaning of cutters and creating a tearing effect.
- Automatic reverse stroke of the drive of the grinding unit prevents jamming.
- Synchronization of work with the feeding equipment.
- High corrosion resistance. Grinder housing and mounting frames are made of AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Cutters and shafts are made of hardened alloy steel. The option of manufacturing from specialized high-hardness steel is possible, which gives the cutters and shafts high strength and increased wear resistance.
- The design solves many of the problems associated with such equipment – there are no complicated mechanisms or components that require complex maintenance.
Convenience of service and operation:
- Free access to the main components for revision even when the unit is in operation position.
- Waste grinders do not require constant maintenance.
- Operation of the waste grinder is controlled by control cabinet supplied with the grinder.
- Synchronization with existing mechanized screens or a conveyor.
- Reduced requirement for pumping station maintenance personnel and waste disposal costs.
- Possibility of equipping the DO with water spreading system to supply water to the grinding zone. This increase the performance, service life of the cutters, and removes stuck debris from the cutters. The water spreading system can be equipped with an automatic water supply using a solenoid valve, or a manual valve.
- If necessary, the waste grinder is equipped with a mesh screen, which is installed at the unit’s bottom near the cutters. It keeps waste in the grinding zone of the unit until it is shattered into particles that can pass through the mesh openings. This option is used when there is a need to improve the quality of grinding.